Sunday, August 4, 2013

One week down (almost)

Last week I kicked off a two week challenge for clean"er" eating.  The goal is to clean up my food choices since I have let them slip big time over the past couple of months.  I know that a cleaner diet makes me feel 100% better both mentally and physically, but for some reason it's so easy to slip back into unhealthy ways.

Last week started off really great and I cleaned it up a ton. Started feeling tons better by the end of the week and started to notice that I was able to get things done more efficiently.  Here are a few food pictures from last week:




I do prep my salads ahead of time for at least a couple of days in advance and it varies as to what goes in them.  I put napa, bok choy, or red cabbage in them.  Wax beans, black beans, quinoa, chicken, onions. You name it and chances are it has landed in my salad.  Being creative and making it as nutritious as possible is my goal.  Now I am not one that wants to eat salads year round, but during the heat of summer this is the perfect meal choice for me and the fact that it's easy to go light or bulk it up makes meal plans easy as well.

I generally have Shakeology tossed into my day at some point.  Some days it's breakfast, some lunch or dinner and some days it makes a quick and tasty snack.  For the most part though, I time it to where I have it after my workout.

As for my workouts this week, I did my Les Mills Pump.  It's my all time favorite workout and just recently I upgraded it to the deluxe version.  So with the upgrade I have opted to do the four week calendar that is in the book.  My week looked like this with the Les Mills Pump and calories burned!

Monday:
Les Mills Pump Sports Attack: 30 Minutes and burned 335 Calories

Tuesday:
Les Mills Pump Step: 30 Minutes and burned 342 Calories

Wednesday:
Les Mills Pump Pump and Shred: 45 Minutes and burned 310 Calories

Thursday:
Les Mills Combat: 45 Minutes and burned 440 Calories

Friday:
Les Mills Pump Extreme: 60 Minutes and burned 440 Calories


Saturday I'm not going to count.  We did go hiking, but I didn't wear my heart rate monitor and it was at slower speeds due to being out and going on adventures with kids.  Running through the woods hunting for pretend animals and hiking to study natures to me is just fun and not something I would normally count as an exercise eventhough calories are obviously burned.


Now as you all know everyone is going to have a different calorie burn depending on your fitness level, age, and weight.  I always wear my heart rate monitor and I use this as a way to gauge my workouts.  For example, I know that it's almost time to add heavier weights to my Pump and Shred and Extreme.  Adding the additional weights gives me a better workout and I burn more calories in the end.  

If you noticed in my title I said one week down ALMOST.  The reason for the almost is that life happens. My six year old has his annual cub scout camping trip and they provide meals.  So Friday night I ate what they prepared there and did the same for Saturday morning.  I opted to skip the lunch on Saturday since it was about time for us to head home and knew that I could just grab a healthier meal here.  

Back on track and ready to tackle another week! 

Here are pictures from the end of the week. Nothing fancy at all, we actually had just walked in from swimming all day and thought I better snap some pictures since I hadn't done any progress ones in awhile. If anyone is wondering I am currently 135.


Free free to email me if you need more information on any program or if you are currently without a BeachBody Coach. I would be honored if you put me down as your coach when you sign-up for a free account.  My coach id is sanderson76.  Also check out my facebook page.  It's full of motivation and results that I personally have gotten from the different workouts I have tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment