Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday seems to come way too quick!

Sunday makes three weeks completed with cleaning up my diet and I can tell a world of difference in how I feel.  I am more focused on my work, my day is much more productive and I my workouts are going better than ever.  When I was picking junk food over the healthier alternatives my workouts were lacking and I was feeling very sluggish by the end of the day.



This week has been the best week so far.  I have managed to get up, get my workout in and breakfast taken care of before the boys even get up which makes the day go much smoother.  My patience is back and I know the boys are grateful. So yes, making bad food choices in the end even affect my mood.

The weekends have always been a struggle for me and surely I can't be the only one that has this problem. My mind thinks that weekends mean off days even when it comes to eating so this is a struggle for me.  The past two weekends I have done really great but we haven't went out to eat either. It's like one meal eating out and I blow the rest of the day and night.  I did have a glass of wine this weekend but as I do the challenge of eating cleaner, this is going to be lifestyle change so with that I see no problem with enjoying a glass or two of wine as long as it isn't consumed daily in large amounts.

My typical day I will have something similar to this but know it varies:

Breakfast:

1 egg, 2 egg white on Ezekiel English Muffin with peppers, onions and feta cheese or
2 eggs, 3 egg whites with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms topped with feta or goat cheese


Lunch: 
Shakeology mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 banana and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or PB2  or a super sized salad with chicken

Snack:
small apple w/ almonds

Dinner:
That completely varies.  Usually we have quinoa, brown rice or beans with a green veggie and chicken for the most. We tend to eat a ton of chicken.  It's just one of my favorites and something that is very versatile.

My average calorie intake is anywhere between 1500-1700 depending on the day.  I do try to keep my carbs in check because as I have gotten older I have noticed that just counting calories a lone won't cut it.

Here are my workouts for the week.  I did take Tuesday as my rest day to where normally I take Saturday.  I will add Saturday into my next week workouts.  I cant believe I am wrapping up the Les Mills Pump Hybrid challenge.  Calories burned with Les Mills Pump Hybrid:


Monday: 
Les Mills Pump Step: 
30 minutes with 325 Calories

Tuesday: 
REST

Wednesday: 
Les Mills Pump Sports Attack: 
30 Minutes 305 Calories 

Thursday: 
Les Mills Pump and Shred: 
45 Minutes 350 Calories

Friday: 
Les Mills Pump Step:
           30 Minutes with 320 calories burned

Saturday will be Les Mills Pump Extreme which is an hour workout followed by Monday being Combat and Tuesday being Step.  That will wrap up my month on the hyrbid and then it will be time to mix it up again :)  It's a great thing to keep the body guessing! 

In closing, remember......
If you are only physically able to take a 10 minute or even a 30 minute walk then do it. It's a great start and better than doing nothing at all!  Your body will thank you for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment