Monday, May 13, 2013

3-Bean Chili

Over the course of the year our family has been slowly converting to eating a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.  I have really cut out a lot of processed foods which I am very proud of.  I will say that we have had many successful and even failed attempts when it comes to recipes.  The whole goal is to find tried and true recipes for my entire family, because let's face it..who likes cooking two different meals? I sure don't!  If there is something that I do stumble upon and  LOVE and the rest of the family isn't crazy about, I will make it up for me and have it for my lunch.  

With us having cooler weather later I decided to try yet another Chili recipe. Let's just say I have tried several different "chili" recipes. Some we have kept and others we have tossed.  This one is a keeper in our house and I hope you like it just as much as we do!


‎3-Bean Chili Recipe


1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2-4 oz cans of diced green chilies
1-15 oz can of black beans (undrained)
1-15 oz can of kidney beans (drained)
1-15oz can pinto beans (drained)
2-14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
3 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp spicy mustard
2 tsp cumin
dash of salt


Directions:1. Brown meat with onions and garlic and a little chili powder in a large pot. Cook until no longer pink.
2. Place meat in crock pot. Add the rest of ingredients. Stir until combined.
3. Place on "low heat" for desired time (I let mine on low for 8 hours)



I topped mine with low-fat greek yogurt and lettuce.



No comments:

Post a Comment