Friday, March 15, 2013

Les Mills Pump Review

First off, let me start by saying that this has to be one of my all time favorite workouts! I love that it never gets easy.  When I see it's getting easy for me, I just simply up the weights and the challenge is back.  This is an awesome program for all fitness levels as you can start out with no weights at all on the bar and gradually build up as you go.

Les Mills Pump was the second completed program I have done.  I started this particular workout right after wrapping up Chalean Extreme. While I love Chalean Extreme, I wanted something that added a tad more cardio per workout and one that would allow me to burn more calories since I still have a higher percentage of body fat.  This program did just that and I slimmed down in a few of my problem areas.

I didn't get the calories burned for Les Mills Pump since by the time I bought my heart rate monitor I was already at the end of my second month. I do plan on going back through this program again and when I do I will be sure to update how many calories per workout I burn.  This will vary per person based on age, weight and fitness levels.  Here is what I burned for three of the workouts:


  • Les Mills Pump Revolution: 55 min. workout 464 calories burned
  • Les Mills Pump Extreme: 60 Min. workout 514 calories burned
  • Les Mills Pump Ab Extreme: 20 min workout 60 calories burned

I am happy over all with my results but know that if I would kept my eating on target that they would had been much better.  To be fair, I did two months of Les Mills Pump during the holiday season (Nov. and Dec.) and did not eat as well as I should.  As we all know, diet is 80% when it comes to getting results. Here are my before and after for this particular program:




So what is Les Mills Pump?
It's the at-home version of BodyPump, the extremely popular gym classes created my Les Mills International.  This class is taught in 80 countries around the world!  The barbell-based rapid weight loss and accelerated strength-training program helps you reshape your entire body using light-to-moderate weights with higher repetitions.  With three barbell workouts per week, Les Mills Pump can help anyone burn fat and calories and get lean, strong, and toned without bulking up.

Why is Les Mills Pump Effective?
This is a question that I have been asked numerous times so I did my homework on it in order to be able to answer this.  It's all about The Rep Effect.  Unlike traditional strength workouts that feature heavy weights that help you bulk up, Les Mills Pump uses light-to-moderate weights at a higher rate or reps. The Rep Effect pushes your muscles to fatigue  by changing the tempo, position and speed of the movements.  Working out this way also helps boost your heart rate so you burn more calories.  Let's just say that by the end of each workout, my muscles were screaming. This program really helped me with endurance and now it's amazing what I can push through.  I was determined to complete all the reps that they did.

How does it work?
In a typical Les Mills Pump workout, you fatigue your muscles by doing 70-100 reps per body part.  That's about 4 times more reps than in a standard gym workout.

Training with The Rep Effect helps you:


  • Break down more fat reserves
  • Target more muscle fibers
  • Burn more calories than you would with traditional weight training, so you can achieve meaningful fat loss
  • Build strength without building bulk.

Here is a little video of Les Mills Pump for anyone that is curious.



What comes with the base kit?
You get 7 workouts and those are:

  • Pump Challenge: Start firing your muscles with fundamental resistance exercise (20 min workout)
  • Pump and Burn: Feel the burn with compound moves that work several muscles at once. (30 min. workout)
  • Pump and Shred: Start shredding while you build endurance and churn through fat stores (45 Min.)
  • Pump Revolution: Drive your heart rate up with quick tempos and big moves like power presses and power lunges. (55 min.)
  • Pump Extreme: Weights won't be the only thing lifted here as you focus on intensity and targeted muscles. (55 min)
  • Flow: Increase flexibility, decrease soreness and improve alignment (20 min.)
  • Hard-Core Abs: Carve out your core and define your back with moves that hit your muscles from every direction (20 min.)
  • Pump Basics: Learn how to assemble your barbell, adjust your weights and get proper grip and stance techniques to get the most out of your workout (10 min.)

Also included in the basic Les Mills Pump workout:

  • Barbell. The ultimate body-transformation tool that's the secret weapon to accelerate your strength training and fat loss. This barbell has a padded grip designed for comfort, and it's easy to assemble and store.
  • 2 5-lb. and 2 10-lb. weight plates. Add intensity to your workouts by adjusting your weight load. These vinyl-coated plates make it simple to create the ultimate body-shaping challenge.
  • 2 safety clips. Hold the weight plates tightly on the barbell so your body remains balanced and stable throughout your lifts. Easy to put on and take off during workouts.
Plus, get incredible tools to maximize your LES MILLS PUMP workout:
  • Lean, Strong & Unstoppable Fitness Guide. Map out your 90-day transformation with this step-by-step guide. It includes a workout calendar, a chart to track your weights, and training guidelines for your best results.
  • Get Lean Nutrition Guide. Fire up your metabolism using this 3-phase nutrition plan. With more than 50 delicious recipes and customizable meal plans, you're on your way to big-time fat loss and a lean, strong body.
  • Tape measure and measurement tracker. Track your progress and watch the inches melt away through each phase of your LES MILLS PUMP transformation.
And 3 FREE bonuses for faster results:
  • 7-Day Jump-Start. Kick off fast fat loss with this safe and effective 7-day healthy eating plan. Easy meals and snacks will keep your energy up as your waistline shrinks.
  • Get Lean Nutrition Guide. Learn how to fuel your body for maximum endurance and fat loss. Mix and match these real-food recipes to satisfy your stomach and your taste buds.
  • FREE online support. Get FREE 24-hour access to TeamBeachbody.com, where you can get diet and fitness advice and incredible peer support.
Free free to email me if you need more information on this program or if you are currently without a BeachBody Coach. I would be honored if you put me down as your coach when you sign-up for a free account.  My coach id is sanderson76.  Also check out my facebook page.  It's full of motivation and results that I personally have gotten from the different workouts I have tried. 


No comments:

Post a Comment