Monday, February 25, 2013

My Take on Chalean Extreme


With many people looking to get in better shape with the New Year as well as with summer months just around the corner, I thought I would highlight some of the programs that I have done as well as show my progress that I made.  


As I have mentioned, I did start trying to drop weight at the end of 2011. It was a very, very slow process for me and once warm weather hit in 2012, I started walking.  Over time I built up speed and then decided to hit the gym.  During the summer of 2012 I was going to the 

gym between 3-5 times a week. I would start with a 20 min. bike ride and then wrap up on the weight machines.  This helped me a little but I wasn't seeing the results that I truly wanted to see, so at the end of August I decided to give Chalean Extreme a try. I have always loved lifting weights and will be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of cardio. I do it, but I don't love it and when I have a program that is mainly cardio I tend to get bored with it really quick

So what is Chalean Extreme for those that are wondering?
Chalean Extreme is a body-sculpting program designed to help you lose up to 60% of your body fat in just three months, and see visible results every 30 days.  It uses resistance training to increase lean muscle mass, which has been proven to burn calories and raise your metabolism.

The program is broke down into three phases which I think was one reason I never got bored. I loved that every month was a completely different workout routine with new challenges.  I started out out the BURN Phase with 3,5, and 10 pound weights.  Once I went into the PUSH phase I decided I wanted to give it all I could and purchased some BowFlex Select Tech weights.  This isn't something you have to do but it's a great option.  If all you have is 10 pound weights, then she shows you how to make those feel even heavier you still get a great workout in the end.

How does Chalene’s Lean Phasing technique work?
The 15 extreme workouts are broken into 3 phases, so you keep progressing as you build strength and endurance.


  • PHASE 1: BURN Start lifting weights to jump-start your metabolism
  • PHASE 2: PUSH Learn how to lift heavy to build the muscle and burn more fat
  • PHASE 3: LEAN Once you've built a foundation, Chalene brings it home with new routines and dynamic moves that melt the fat away
Each phase also includes Extreme  Cardio where Chalene ignites your metabolism further with super-intense cardio and strength-training routines, then rejuvenates and lengthens your muscles with an invigorating flexibility workout!  It doesn't end there though! You also get Core Power which is targeted ab routines that let you tighten and tone your abs for a rock-hard midsection.




My Results:
I ended up dropping 6 pounds total, but I feel had I kept my diet in check through the entire program that the weight loss would of been a little higher.  I also lost 10" overall.  This program did help make me a lot stronger and helped to really firm me up.  This is a program that is fantastic for beginners and advanced.  For a beginner you can start out with lower weights, but for someone that has lifted for awhile, there is no reason not to start out with higher weights.  I plan to circle back around and do this program again very soon! 

Here are my before and after.  The first shot in each pose in my before and second shot is after.






What I thought about the program:
I personally loved the program as a whole. I was never bored with the program and always felt a challenge which  made me strive harder to succeed.  I loved that the workouts aren't long which makes is very easy to fit in when the kids are sleeping or awake.  Also, Chalene offers amazing motivation which really does keep you pushing play every day.   

Was it worth the price:
It was totally worth the price to me because I was able to get a great workout in without leaving my home. Sure we have a gym here and as I mentioned above I did go during the summer. However, for my kids to be able to go to the nursey (which is an additional expense) I have to also pay for a family membership which isn't cheap and with me the only one using it actual equipment, I just can't justify the expense.

Did I use Shakeology through this program:
I did not use Shakeology through this program. I do drink Shakeology but I drink it for the health benefits that it offers me.  Do I feel you can get great results with Beachbody programs without the use of Shakeology? I feel if you work the program and give it your all and are confident that you can keep a clean diet, then yes you sure can succeed in any program!  

Would I recommend Shakeology:
Yes, i personally would recommend it because I have experienced first hand all the great health benefits it offers. Whether you use it as a  meal replacement or a snack, Shakeology will fuel your extreme workouts with natural energy and feed your muscles the nutrition they need for a healthy recovery.  Also, for me it gives me stronger hair and nails and much more.

Free free to email me if you need more information on this program or if you are currently without a BeachBody Coach. I would be honored if you put me down as your coach when you sign-up for a free account.  My coach id is sanderson76.  Also check out my facebook page.  It's full of motivation and results that I personally have gotten from the different workouts I have tried. 



No comments:

Post a Comment