Sunday, November 11, 2012

What is Shakeology?

I have a lot of people ask me what is Shakeology and what exactly can it do for them.  For starters, Shakeology is a protein shake but offers so much more than just average protein shakes on the market. You can choose to use it as a meal replacement for weight loss or simply to ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs.

I'm not going to lie.  I was very skeptical about Shakeology at first. I was making my own protein shakes from whey protein and felt like that was enough.  However, my weight hit a stand still and I wasn't able to budge it. I was working out 6 days a week, getting my calories right on target and drinking one protein shake a day which usually fell during the morning hours.  Then one day I sat down and  looked over my food log, and I mean really looked over it.  I flipped back over days, weeks and months to see how my nutrition had changed, calories and even exercise.  I was determined to figure this out!

While flipping back over everything I quickly noticed that my veggies and fruits had went down.  With the cooler months upon us, fresh produce (which is my favorite) was starting to rise in price along with fruits and I had just simply cut back on how much I purchased.  Some how all this led me right back to Shakeology so I started reading up on it and was excited to see that with just one serving of Shakeology I would be getting in veggies and fruit (2 servings of each!) that I was lacking.  After reading and researching I decided to give it a try.  I looked at it is if it didn't work then I would be out of nothing.  That's the great thing about any and all Beachbody products, you get a 30-day money back guarantee and they mean that unlike a lot of companies out there.  Once I ordered, I had my product within a week and immediately starting giving it a try and was sold on this product after my first week!  After seven (7) days on Shakeology I lost 3 pounds.  I didn't change my diet the entire time, the only difference in that week was I stopped drinking just Whey protein shakes and switched to Shakeology. I prepared my Shakeology the same way as I did my other protein shake (1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, scoop of Shakeology)  I also noticed I was having more energy and just in an overall better mood!  So far thanks to Shakeology and other Beachbody products I have lost a total of 30 pounds, as well as  improved my overall health! It's amazing how I have been able to go off all the medication that I was on before!


So now that I have told you how Shakeology and Beachbody has helped me, here are some facts regarding Shakeology!  Shakeology contains over 70 ultra high-quality ingredients and delivers nearly all the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy diet!  Not only is it good for you, it's good for everyone since so many people's diets are deficient in some way.  In just one serving of Shakeology you are getting:

  • Protein from whey, which is highly absorbable, gives you 8 essential amino acids that help you build muscle, lose weight, support brain function and keep your skin and bones healthy.
  • Vitamins and minerals that support optimum health
  • Antioxidants that boost the immune system and help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, blood pressure and stroke!
  • Phytonutrients that support immune function and have anti-inflammatory properties.  Many phytonutrients have antioxidant properties as well!
  • Prebiotics that support digestive and immune health
  • Digestive enzymes that help in the digestion of foods and increase the absorption rate of those foods for optimum health!
So are you still wondering just how Shakeology can help you? Well as I mentioned earlier it really helped kick start my weight loss again by supplying my body with nutrients it was missing which helped me achieve wonderful results in the workout program that I just completed.

In an independent 90-day study, participants who replaced one meal per day with Shakeology experienced some awesome health benefits such as:

  1. weightloss
  2. craving reduction
  3. increased energy and stamina
  4. healthy digestion and regularity
Out of these four things it has helped me with weight loss and increased my energy.  I have heard many people say that it helps stop the sweet craving but honestly I have never been to crave sweets so I can't speak on that.

Shakeology has also been proven to help:

  • Reduce total cholesterol by 30% on average
  • Reduce LDL ("bad") cholesterol by 38% on average
  • Reduce cardiovascular risk ration by 24% on average
  • Reduce oxidative damage caused by free radicals on average by 45%, which can help decrease risk for developing degenerative conditions like heart disease, dementia and arthritis.

My personal favorite is the chocolate Shakeology with the Tropical Strawberry a close second. As far as the Greenberry goes, I have never tried that particular flavor but I have heard a lot people say that it is their least favorite.

You have 4 options to choose from when it comes to Shakeology.

  • Regular Chocolate or Greenberry-made from whey protein
  • Vegan Chocolate or Tropical Strawberry-made with brown rice and pea protein
Like all Beachbody products, Shakeology comes with a 30-day Money Back Guarantee.  You can order your bag today by clicking on the below picture.


Click HERE for complete nutrition information!

No comments:

Post a Comment