Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 10 of making cleaner food choices

This morning it hit me that I am currently on day 10 of eating cleaner and I feel AMAZING!  It has been said that  takes 21 days to create a habit and I believe this because at one point my diet was pretty healthy and
then as I got lazy with prepping my food ahead of time, I noticed that I started falling into old habits.  I never want to go back to those old habits again which is why I set this challenge to start cleaning up my diet.

My original goal was for two weeks which I am almost there.  My workouts are going much better and I am even more focused on my work and home  life.  It's amazing how cleaning up the foods we use to fuel our body can completely change our outlook on things in general.  With that being said, I have decided to stick to it and do it for 21 days.  I mean after all, I just said that it takes 21 days to create a habit... right?

With my food choices I pretty much avoid all processed foods. I have done this for some time now and when I started falling off the wagon with the lack of food prep, I caught myself reaching for quick and easy and we all know that means processed.  Luckily I was able to wake up and catch it before it got too ugly, because I know where that road leads.  Over the past couple of months I have proven to be the queen of cancelling out my workouts.

I don't think twice about pushing play and starting my workout. I actually look forward to it daily.  The bad part is when I would grab the processed foods and was pretty much just working out for health since none of my hard work was going to shine through. In the end it comes down to the foods we choose to eat.  You can train hard, but if you don't look at your nutrition then you aren't going to see the results you are wanting.  I think this is something that so many people struggle with and something that can easily get us discourage.

If you are working out hard and not getting the results you are wanting, then look at your nutrition.  Once you clean up your eating and still not getting the results then usually it means it's time to switch up your routine just a tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment