Monday, July 29, 2013

Shakeology Balls make a great snack!!

I wouldn't say that I have a sweet tooth but goodness there are times when I want just a little something sweet.  It isn't bad to treat yourself on occasion with a sweet treat but I'm on a mission and I really want to achieve part of my goal by the summer months, so sweet treats can set me back just a tad.
This weekend I finally decided to give Chalene Johnson's recipe for Shakeology Balls a try!  They are like the no-bake cookies that I'm sure everyone has heard of.   I not only wanted to try these for me but for my kids as well.  Every time I set down to try to drink Shakeology my two year old runs over and drinks the entire glass which leaves me slurping to try to get what I can.  I figured if he liked these then he could have one of these little balls while I enjoy my shake!
I hope my friend Sarah doesn't mind that I am actually using her picture.  Yes, the balls I made were gone before I got a picture.  Everyone in the house loved them except for my five year old.  He has a texture issue and refuses to even eat oatmeal.  When he took a bite of the balls he was like "I don't like those seeds".  I couldn't help but laugh because it was only oatmeal, but to be fair he also refuses to eat the no-bake cookies also!  Even my husband loved them and that man refuses to even try Shakeology! It feels good to know that I'm giving them a healthy snack!!
Shakeology Balls



INGREDIENTS:
8 Tablespoons PB2 (a low fat, high protein powdered peanut butter – details below)
3 Tablespoons Natural Peanut butter (w/flax seeds is the best!)
3 Tablespoons Raw Honey
½ Cup Quick Oats  
DIRECTIONS: 
Mix PB2 with water until it’s a paste like consistency. Mix all ingredients, including the PB2 mixture together in a mixing bowl. It may take some time to blend all of the ingredients together. If it’s too sticky, sprinkle in additional protein powder so that it’s a pretty dry/crumbly texture. Next – Roll mixture into small individual balls (about a ping-pong ball size) and place on a wax sheet. Makes about 12 balls, 1 ounce each. Put in freezer until firm.

With the ones I made for the kids, I actually opted to not use PB2 since it's ok for them to get a little extra calories and fat.  With their recipe I did it this way:

4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Chocolate Shakeology
3 Tablespoons  Raw honey
1/2 Cup Quick Oats

There's mixed up pretty easy since I did use peanut butter for the entire thing.  I also made them into smaller balls and came out with around 17 balls.  When I entered the ingredients to see the calories, one ball was around 52 calories so not bad at all.  The bigger balls that are shown in the above recipe  have around 80 Calories, 10 grams carbs, 2 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein.

WARNING: They are very addictive!!
Free free to email me if you need more information on this program or if you are currently without a BeachBody Coach. I would be honored if you put me down as your coach when you sign-up for a free account.  My coach id is sanderson76.  Also check out my facebook page.  It's full of motivation and results that I personally have gotten from the different workouts I have tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment