Monday, June 10, 2013

Chicken Pizza

Over the past several months I have been working on cleaning up my diet.  I'm not talking being extreme about it, but finding that balance that works for our family.  Over this time I have found that going slow is working best at introducing the new flavors and food preps to the kids. Luckily  my two year old will eat pretty much anything I do, but my five year old proves to be a challenge.  He has always been a grazer and loves things that are just a grab and go style.  This is still a challenge for me but I am working on figuring that out.

During this time I have tried many recipes. Some our family love and we use them over and over again and the one I am sharing with you today is one of those recipes.  It's super easy to prepare and everyone in the family enjoys it (even my picky five year old).  This recipe is so versatile that you just can't go wrong with it.  When I am in a hurry I always grab the pre-cut veggies in the produce department and I'm done in no time.  Also, don't let the cottage cheese scare you.  I promise you won't be able to tell it!!


Chicken Pizza
Originally from heandsheeatclean.com


This is one of my favorite recipes. I originally found it on HeandSheEatClean.com and it quickly became a go to recipe. 

Ingredients:


1 lb ground chicken breast
Italian seasoning
Basil

Garlic Powder
2 egg whites
1/2 cup oats
1 cup tomato/spaghetti sauce (organic or homemade)
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese

***Your choice of clean toppings. I have used spinach, red bell pepper, & onion ( added a few shakes of red pepper flakes).

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the "crust" (ground chicken breast, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic powder, egg whites & oats) by hand.
3. Flatten the "crust" on a pizza stone or in a 9X13" pan.
4. Bake the "crust" at 350 degrees for 20 min.
5. Take out the "crust" & add the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly.
6. Add the cottage cheese on top of the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly.
7. Add your choice of toppings.
8. Place pizza back in the oven for 10 min or until the cheese is the consistency you prefer.


Makes 8 servings




No comments:

Post a Comment